From our Lewisville District 42 Naming Committee.
Greetings from your Lewisville 42 District Committee leadership team!
We met for the first time last week and look forward to working with you in the coming year. One of our first responsibilities is to identify our new district name (formerly Tonkawa and Topsanah Districts) by June 1, 2020.
I have been asked, as a member of that team, to lead an ad hoc District Naming Committee to complete the very important task of selecting our district name. This is a wonderful opportunity to help shape the future of Scouting in our area. To ensure a successful outcome, I believe it is imperative to engage as many interested individuals as possible in the process (see below for details).
As a first step, I would like for you to complete a short Google Forms Survey, designed to collect suggestions for our district name and to identify additional members of this committee. I also ask that you share the survey link with the youth and adults in your unit as well as with other community members you feel would contribute meaningfully to our discussion. Responses are needed by end of day Friday, May 8th.
Below is our roadmap to complete our responsibilities. We will probably need to meet two times (on Friday evening or Saturday morning) to complete this task. In the survey, you will be able to provide input on the final selection of the meeting day/time.
· May 1 – May 8: District Naming Committee will distribute a survey to collect name recommendations from stakeholder groups AND to identify additional committee members
· May 9 – May 14: District Naming Committee will summarize recommendations and present suggestions at May RoundTable to begin developing a short list of district names
· May 15 – May 21: District Naming Committee will distribute a follow-up Google Form ranking survey to all stakeholder groups and develop a short list of district names based on the results
· May 22 – May 29: Committee will solicit approval on short list from Council
· June 1: Committee will submit selection to Council
Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank you so very much for taking time to contribute to our future district name and brand!
Yours in Scouting,